Coffee brewing techniques already exist since centuries ago. Currently there are many coffee Brewing Methods that Barista use to make delicious coffee. I myself have recently started active drinking coffee in this last 2 years. From this article, I try to share my experience about Coffee Brewing Methods.
4 Best Coffee Brewing Methods
Actually, there are still many method in brewing coffee. I choose this 4 coffee brewing methods because i like the process and the result. Beside, they are all cheap methods.
1. Cupping brewing
Cupping Brew Ratio
1 gram coffee : 15 gram water
That is my favorite ratio for brewing using this method.
How to brew with cupping method
- Insert 15 grams into cups of fresh coffee
- Add hot water (92 celsius) as much as 225 grams into cups shall include
- Stir Clockwise carefully
- Let it stand for 5 minutes
- Coffee is ready to be enjoyed
2. French Press Coffee
How To Make French Press Coffee
- Use the coffee with the grind size medium
- Ratio 1:15. That I normally use is 15 grams of coffee plus a water 225 grams
- Enter into the french press coffee
- Add water with a temperature of 90 degrees celsius
- Stir slightly so that the coffee mixture evenly and let stand approximately 4-5 minutes
- Slowly press the plunger until it is down with the stable. If it feels heavy means your coffee is too fine, and if it is too light then the coffee is too coarse. Could do an experiment a few times until you get a sense of the ideal
3. Pour Over Method (drip with V60)
- Grind Size used is a medium size
- The ratio of 1:15
- Put the V60 above Cup
- Place the filter paper in accordance with form V60
- Insert the coffee that has weighed into the V60
- Pour about 30 grams of water evenly to the coffee. Leave for 40 minutes
- Pour the remaining water is slowly poured the water movement clockwise and try always stable
- Normally the process will last for 3 minutes until the water in the V60 finished dripping
- Delicious coffee ready to drink
4. Aeropress Espresso Method
- Masukkkan paper filter into the filter holder, moisten with hot water to remove the smell of paper filter.
- Fasten to the Aeropress heated in advance.
- 17 grams of ground coffee (using coffee that time Jeff Kenya) with a rough level, or a little more rough than paper filters.
- Heat the 270 ml of water in a temperature of 80 ° c.
- Splash (sprinkle) a little water over the filter and immediately pour the coffee fresh freshly onto it so that the bottom of the filter.
- Dampen the coffee completely with the method of dripping ala pour-over up to 40 grams.
- Let the blooming for 30 seconds.
- Pour the rest of the water slowly and evenly moisten more coffee.
- Let drip dripping or Aeropress for about 1 minute.
- Pour about 2/4 the rest of the water, then press slowly.
- Stop before the Aeropress coffee really is left exhausted (or when it’s remaining 50 ml).
That’s all the four Coffee Brewing Methods that we can learn this time. We will try more variant in brewing coffee in another articles